WTF: A Poem

6:21 PM Eunnah 0 Comments


I’ll cut to the chase: This is a depressing poem.

However, that’s not the major reason why I fancy it. The overwhelming feels that this masterpiece emit is a just a strike. A bonus point, I must say. But what caught my heart is the nakedness of its connection to reality. Every point, illustration and inference included between the lines are all terrifyingly true to what we call life. More specifically, the system or cycle of life.

Rainbow Rowell once wrote that art wasn’t supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something. I think poetry does that just fine.

So it’s safe to say that poems are works of art, right?

But this, this doesn’t just make you feel something. It makes you want to do something; rip the system and burn down paper infrastructures in this freaking paper town.

So yeah, that is how I express my love for this poem.

Without further ado, here’s the poem.

A PIECE OF ADVICE: DON’T BYPASS ANY PHRASE TO FEEL THE FULL EFFECT

--
--
--
--
--
--

So, what do you think?
Has this poem opened your traditional eyes to the ugliness of life?
If not, I don’t know what will.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: