Debut 101

11:28 AM Eunnah 0 Comments


I can’t believe how fast time flies. Five years back, my parents used to talk about my 18thbirthday and all I could think of was, “Pfft. That would be decades from now!” (Well, what would you expect from a twelve year-old girl?)
But who am I kidding? This is time we’re talking about. And we know time. No matter how loud we shout at her, she just wouldn’t listen. She’s too busy running and screwing everyone!
CURSE YOU, TIME!
Anyway, my point is, this is just surreal. My 18th self—just a few months away. Who would have thought I’d reach my legal age?
In preparation for that, I’ve been looking for debut ideas the past few weeks. I’m telling you, this is an improvement! I’ve been thinking for months. Now, I’m looking. HAHA!
Of course, I want my character to shine through. I want other people to realize that it’s not just another teenager celebrating her 18th birthday. I want to show them that it’s not just any other debut. It’s MY debut.
The solution, of course, is a unique theme.
A theme that reflects me, expresses me.

A THEME THAT SHOUTS WHO I AM

So what is the perfect theme? To answer that, perhaps I need to go back to square one and remind myself over my obsessions and weird fetishes. In other words, my ‘likes’ and ‘loves.’ Haha.
  1. Books – Literature will always be a part of who I am. Just seeing the countless words all bundled up in a leaf is invigorating. The scent of newly-printed books is the best part. Mmmm.
  2. Flowers – Need I say more? I am in love with spring. Nature grows on me.
  3. Panda – Cuteness overload! What more? Black and white—classic!
  4. Musical Instruments – Guitar and piano to be exact; basically because I can play them. Thus, they best represent my passion in music.
  5. Ship-related stuff – The wheel (?I’m not really sure what the term is), compass and anchor. They are symbols that represent the convictions that I have which encourage and help me sail through life.
  6. (Obsession still in process..)
Whew! That’s it, I guess. I’ve racked my head far too much. I’ll just modify this post as soon as my mind refreshes.
So, any suggestions?

20150607

You Might Also Like

0 comments: