An Open Letter | #3

8:30 AM Eunnah 0 Comments




Dear Mr. President,

I used to read the newspaper. I used to watch the news. I used to read about politics on the internet. I used to care, up until I saw how nothing anyone says or does, will ever change you. That’s not a judgement. That’s a conclusion based on factual events. If anything, comments against your problematic actions cause even more and even worse problematic behaviors. That was why I turned my back, I closed my eyes, and more so, I kept my chill. I have learned to keep my silence for so long, because I will gain nothing good from being loud. But for once, I want you to hear this silent whisper of a letter. I promise, this is just a short reality check.

Sir, you are a president, not a salty comedian who picks on people and makes up green jokes in the expense of others. Real talk lang! So please, choose one and set your priorities straight. As the president, shouldn’t you embody and reflect moral values, especially in your words?

Isa pa, I hope you view women as real human beings and not identify them with stereotypical expressions.


We are not born while holding a spatula.


We are not born to merely bear kids.


And most of all, we are NOT born for men.

We are not objects. We are people. And we deserve to be respected, especially by YOU, the president.

That's all. You may roll your eyes at me, fine. You may further insult me as a female, and say


fine again. I might just sigh and shrug my shoulders and go on with my life. I might ignore you, again. But remember when I say that you may desensitize my mind from your habitual insolence, causing me to sit back in defeat as I watch you spit out reckless words. But that doesn’t mean I have lost my stand.

Yours truly,

Eunnah













You Might Also Like

0 comments: