A Flicker

12:54 AM Eunnah 0 Comments


It was the second time that I’ve laid my eyes on you, yet it still feels like the first.
You were across the room, almost blocked by the crowd. But you stood out. Your eyes always do. They are perfect almonds with a little pull at the tail.

It’s mesmerizing.

Just like the first time, I know you noticed me.
Just like the first time, I know you were chancing glances at me.


I know. Because I do, too.


I wanted to gaze. I wanted to stop this glancing game and gawk at you. Whether to fully give you the acknowledgement that your glances were too obvious or just to give you a hint that I notice you too, I haven’t deciphered which one. I guess, I haven’t worked up the courage for both so it doesn’t matter. Either way, I know our eyes would lock. I just know it. You’ve made that too obvious by not looking away when I caught your eye.

And it’s silly. It’s silly how I get to be the one to look away when I was the one who caught you. And right after that, I could see with my peripheral vision, the slight tugging of your lips which are forming into a crooked smile.

Or maybe it wasn’t so silly after all.
Because I know exactly why I look away.
Staring games are much more awkward when we don’t even know each other’s names.

And I don’t want us to be awkward. At least, not yet.
I want to know you more first..

You Might Also Like

0 comments: